JD, Amber & Asher

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Books, Books, Books!!


I think it is so funny how much Asher loves books. It's not a very common pass time in our high tech society, and unfortunately I think the education system has turned most youth off to it with all the textbook readings. Still, Asher has loved being read to ever since he was born, and it remains to be one of his favorite activities. We probably read at least 5 books a day (often the same ones each day), and he will already "ask" me to read a book over and over again. Well, of course he can't actually ask, but he lets you know what he wants:). I keep his bedtime books by the rocking chair in his room, and I think it's so cute when he carefully balances himself in standing while trying to grab a book with two hands and then toddle over to me in the rocking chair! His favorite book recently has been "The Wheels on the School Bus", which is read in a sing-song voice. We shall see, but I believe his first word will probably be "book". Do any of you moms or teachers know of any books that Asher "just has to have"?

4 comments:

Michael and Becky said...

Titus loves the Bright Baby books. His favorite is the Truck book. Titus is going to Storytime at the Library and they just read "The Sleeping House". I don't know the author but it is very cute. I love seeing new pictures of Asher he is so cute!

One Lady in Pink said...

Hey Amber!
I am so excited to see you here. You son is precious! As far as books go I think that no child should ever be without books by Sandra Boynton, my favorite is The Going to Bed Book. Also, books by DK are great with amazing photographs and some even have the touch and feel in them.
Monique

Unknown said...

What a cutie!!

Matt and Jessie said...

Good Night Moon is a must! :)